Sunday, July 5, 2015

What I did over my summer vacation AKA the 4th of July

Well my crafty friends life got crazy busy I have been crafting just not as much as I would like. 

Today however I was so proud of my craft I had to share! 

I have been using essential oils regularly now for about 9 months and. I love them! I love what they allow me to do (like not see the doctor as much and live a more natural life)

This latest craft is just for them. 

Okay not a huge craft and it didn't take much time but since I have room to improve these (hello Silhouette!) I know that I will! It's summer vacation and I didn't want to turn on the computer. 

I decided to use the new dōTERRA Summer Sunsational Flavors that I received free with my 200PV order last month (offer was extended until July 15th so if you want to learn more I would be happy to share with you at www.mydoterra.com/MarthaJeffery). 

I found some fantastic jars at Target yesterday for $1.00 each. I knew that I would be using them for oils but it wasn't until they were sitting on my counter that I got my brilliant craft idea. 

I decided to use them to make flavored salts and sugars for when I cook. 

Step 1 was getting those pesky stickers off the bottom. 

A little lemon oil with witch hazel and distilled water in a spray jar took care of that mess. 

Spray and let sit for about 30 seconds and the stickers peel off with ease! 


That was the second hardest part of my craft :). 

Next I washed and dried the jars and filled them with sea salt and sugar. 

That was the hardest part! I couldn't find the sugar and I didn't know I was on my last container of sea salt. 
    All the pretty jars!

Once they were filled all I had to add the oils. I think my only mistake was adding a little too much cumin to the first jar because it was very powerful. Next time I will use less. Shake to mix and write up some labels. 
    It is hard to see the oils here!




Now I have some wonderful seasonings and sugars for my tea that took very little effort! I can't wait to try the cumin salt the next time I make salsa and the dill on some grilled fish. I have already made a glass of sweet tea and the spearmint is so refreshing especially in the hot Texas sun! 



I hope you enjoyed my craft. 

Eventually I will make some vinyl stickers to label my jars but today I am on vacation! 

What you need:
1 small jar for each flavor of salt or sugar you want to make
Sea salt
Organic sugar
dōTERRA Essential Oils Sunsational Kit f(free with any 200PV purchase) or other dōTERRA essential oils like lemon, wild orange, basil and oregano

Fill jars with salt or sugar to the top
Add 1-6 drops of oil to the jar and shake
Let "rest" to ensure maximum penetration of Flavors and use in your cooking or baking! 



How to make Sticker Remover Spray:
1 2oz glass spray bottle
Witch hazel
dōTERRA Lenon Essential oil
Distilled water 

Fill glass jar with 20-30 drops of Lemon oil. 
Fill jar halfway with witch hazel and the rest of the way with distilled water. Place spray top on and use as a cleaner a gunk remover or sticker remover :) too strong use less oil! 


No comments:

Post a Comment